Thursday, September 16, 2010

Sleeping with my eyes open

Have you ever been so close to falling asleep in public or at work or school or hey even actually falling asleep? This is where I currently am, about to fall asleep at my desk, with just under 2 hours to go til i finish I am left wondering how will I make it, with the constant stretching and yawning and low work load. I am even at the point where Solitaire wont even wake me up! 

Why am I so tired, well as I am not really working at the moment I have slumped into my old ways of going to sleep late and waking up late, I am talking 1am-10/11am and its really nice but I am wasting half of my days and I hate it! But today I got a call from work at 9am telling me to go in so I am in need of urgent sleep.
I have made an executive decision to snap out of my routine, I was so good in my first week of no job waking up at 7:30am each day and reading or watching a bit of a movie before getting up. The little luxuries of only getting up because Ellen is on is over. 

Sometimes you forget how important sleep really is, and with presentation night tomorrow I don't want to a) look crap and tired and b) due to lack of sleep be in an angry mood!

I am sure this will be a difficult task to get back into a normal routine, but well worth it in the long run, its funny how its so easy to fall out of a routine but so hard to stick to, like whats the go with that? 

My aim will for the first week get up at 9am everyday, and in bed by 10pm the next week 8am get up and 9:30pm bed. 

Wish me luck, and now I can only hope to not fall asleep on the train home!

In need of...SLEEP

No comments:

Post a Comment