Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Iphone Apps = Riss Happy :)

Okay so I have become addicted to Iphone apps, almost on a daily basis I'll hit up the app store and check out the top free apps and then top paid apps and somehow convince myself I deserve a new treat $1.19 later I have a new game to keep me occupied for the day, I am excited but then after the game has become mundane I regret spending money on it, however some particular apps I am just stoked about, they keep me busy for longer than I need and my attention span is getting larger and larger each day. I have decided to spread the word on my fav apps and if you have an Iphone I would highly suggest you get each and every one of these :)

Free Apps

Where to begin? Possibly the most used app I have and it was free which is always a bonus is ... Solitaire!!! It's great, they keep your score, your lowest time, highest time, lowest amount of moves etc. so you can try reduce your average or beat your lowest score, it is brought to you Mobility Ware apps and it is highly suggested!


Backflip studios have created 2 of the best apps in the app universe! The first being Paper Toss, where they give you difficulty levels and different scenarios and you have to aim a balled up piece of paper into the bin, it saves your highest amount of successes and thats pretty much the game, its highly addictive so be warned. The other app they created is called Graffiti Ball and you are given a scenario and have to draw lines of graffiti to get the ball into the win circle as quick as you can before the clock stops, you can collect extra time balls along the way and its challenging on some levels but mostly just a fun game.



Mobitouch Inc has brought us one of the most addictive yet basic games to date, called BubblePopper and it is simply a screen of bubblewrap and you have to pop as many bubbles as possible in 1 minute. I know, it seems like such a silly app but it is pretty damn amazing!


Next up is Sam Vermette and dothedaft.com 's genius Idaft app, you are given 2 Daft Punk songs, Harder Better Faster Stronger, and Technologic, you choose which song, then are taken to another page where you can choose to get the beat of the song then you press the lyric that coincides with the beat, you can mess the song up, make a new version or play along the best you can.


I am certain most people would have heard of Talking Tom Cat, well I found a way better one, Talking Perry the Penguin, he dances when you move the phone and is a penguin so is just adorable without even trying!


AppCast and Alpha Salmon have brought us an app where you constantly wonder where they came up with the idea from, it is called Krumble the Clown, you are met with a Clown who appears happy as all clowns are, you then have to slap it, or poke it, or squirt water in its face all with the objective to make it cry. It even has the bonus feature of the time so you know how much time you have wasted slapping a clown!


Paid Apps

Okay so topping the list of paid apps is Rovio and clickgamer.com 's app that took over the world...Angry Birds. I'll admit I wasn't too keen on the app originally, I got the free version where it gives you 10 or so levels and wasn't getting hooked at all. But then I gave in and bought the paid version and I have to say I am officially hooked, it is challenging enough to keep me entertained yet easy enough to give you inspiration to keep going. According to wiki it has had 10million downloads in not even 1 year, if that isn't enough to explain the popularity of this random game I don't know what is.



The other game that I believe goes hand in hand with Angry Birds is Zaptolab and Chillingo's Cut the Rope. I only got this one because a friend of mine had no idea why I didn't have it, basically its one of the best games ever. The objective is to cut certain ropes to manouver a piece of candy into a monsters mouth, you can also get up to 3 stars per game depending on how smart you are with the maneuvering. Some levels are insanely hard especially when spiders come into effect, by that I mean they jump onto the rope so you have a limited amount of time, or when the starts only appear for a little bit, you do have the advantage sometimes of a bubble, this makes the candy float until you pop it.


The third and final paid app I'll be telling you about today is Azynych's Sperm Killer, not without controversy, although released normally around the world, north America got to see a censored version with the name and description being censored, we play Sperm Killer and they play S***m Killer, seems a tad ludicrous to me, especially as the game is only available to 17 year olds and older, or in America once downloaded nothing is censored??? Anyway, the object of the game is to shoot condoms out of a gun to stop sperm and viruses from reaching their destination, if you let a virus through you lose, as you succeed up the levels the amount of viruses and sperm double. A bit of a stretch at $2.49 for the game but well worth it.



Story Apps

The last 2 I wanted to share thoughts on are Streetview Lab's Tap Zoo and ITIW's Glow Fishy, both of these games are like Facebooks Farmville, Yoville etc. where its a virtual Zoo/Aquarium. In Tap Zoo you collect revenue from your animals at different hours depending on your animals, you buy restrooms, rubbish bins, trees, food outlets, zoo extensions and decorate as you wish. In Glow Fishy you buy cute baby fish and watch them grow into adults, you can then sell them or nurture them as your own pet, they require their tank to get cleaned every few hours and fed, if you don't they will die. In both of these games you can cross-breed and make some random animals, I made an RGB Damsel out of Neonblue Damsel and an Orange Snapper. I also make a Macaw out of an Owl and a Parrot, but the best by far is the Minotaur I made out of a Gorilla and an African Buffalo. Both these games are highly entertaining and well worth it, oh and they are both free, even better right?


Well I hope you all have enjoyed my rants about apps, feel free to pass on which ones I am missing out on! 

2 comments: