Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Happy New Year!!!

Hello everybody I hope you all had an awesome Xmas and a very Happy New Year. 
My Xmas was spent in Shellharbour, then I was working up til New Years Eve, and celebrated with my closest of friends out of the city, then departed for NZ on New Years Day. I am currently in a little town called Hawera where my Nana lives, tomorrow I am bound for my hometown of New Plymouth for some much needed shopping spree or even a day at the beach will be fine. New Zealand is pretty much the best place on the planet, so needless to say I am trying my hardest to find a reason to stay here. We surprised my Grandma and my Great-Grandma and so they were excited to see us, I also got the recipe for my Nana's Peanut Brownies so hopefully I can do them justice. She has given me her copy of Edmunds Cook Book, printed in 1980 so I am very excited to start cooking. The picture (taken by Aunty Jaxs) below is of what Taranaki (my province) pretty much is i.e. cows (dairyland) and Mt Taranaki (the middle of the province, and the prettiest sight ever. Under that is a picture of the sunset from Fitzroy Beach looking towards Motoroa (where I first lived) from Travelpod.com, essentially this is Taranaki, this is where I am from, and this is the best place on earth. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment